Getting exposure for your business can seem like an overwhelming task at times.
It’s hard to just even get started, and that’s because one problem every entrepreneur’s face is not knowing what they should write about in their press releases.
But don’t let that stop you from sending press releases, because that can mean many missed opportunities for traffic and conversions.
Besides, every business has a story… things you are already doing that are worthy of attention. The media needs to know this. Your customers need to know this.
Really, this is how your branding can be build up because it is through understanding the business stories that create value for your business.
That’s why to inspire and make sure you stand out in the crowd, here’re 98 creative business ideas that any small businesses can adopt.
Timely vs Evergreen News
Before heading onto the list, let’s make this clear. The key to using press releases effectively is to focus on newsworthy events.
However, this doesn’t mean just sharing timely, relevant news such as a product release or an event launch. The best news stories just might be something evergreen such as your business mission or you sharing industry insights.
Evergreen stories can be more useful than promotional news, as editors are looking for user stories that appeal to their readers.
So don’t limit your press releases to just news, the key is how you deliver your story into news that people care and here are some creative press release ideas to get you started.
(I) Focus on Your Business
You can always create a press release that talks about your business in general.
This gives your customers and even investors the chance to learn more about your business when they visit your website or find you on media sites.
Seeing your name or business mention on premium news media sites Reuters or Yahoo News can help you command respect, much more than a sales brochure or catalog.
For an evergreen press release about your business, you can talk about the human interest side of your business, like for example:
- Share your business vision and mission statement
- Share your business solution that will help solve prospects problem
- Tell the story of why and how you started your business
- Positioning yourself as a market or industry expert
- Share your customer’s success stories
- Share client testimonial and rankings
- Share a story about how you overcome an obstacle
- Share helpful insights related to your business
- Opening a new office or relocating your office
- Debunk a common myth in your industry
- Share the latest trends in your industry
- Identify a trend that you noticed within your industry
- Rebranding your company/ product
- Starting a new sister company
- Important company anniversary
- Business partnership/ acquisition
- Signing a large, well-recognized client
- Announcing a media appearance
- Hiring a new executive or changing ownership of the company
- Announcing personnel change: retirement, resignation or death
- Developing a new technology or unique procedure for your industry
- New certifications and credentials achieved by your staff
- Speaking at a conference or event
- Take a stand on a controversial issue or on a recent news
- Responding to being named in a lawsuit
- Receiving endorsements from a major celebrity or public figure
- Share the new achievement or award you won
- Create an award and give it away
- Filing or being awarded a patent
- Celebrating an important milestone
- New product or service launch
- Reveal the competitive advantage of your product
- Show how your product or service can save time or money
- Showcase your product’s unique selling points
- Tell your customers how they should use your product
- Talk about the story behind your product
- Tell your customers where are your services available
- Let your customers know if your product met government regulations
- Announce products or services upgrades and fixes
- Show how to use your product (or if there are any interesting ways to use them)
- Share a free special report available at your website
- Share a free ebook or resource that can educate your readers
- Share free powerpoints/ video lesson that can educate your readers
- Talk about your video content/ lesson on YouTube
- Create a website/ podcast and write about it
- Talk about your new blog post and what it educates
- Launching a referral reward/ affiliate program
- Announce that you are providing free consultations
- Reveal a fun contest you will be running
- Reveal sweepstakes that you will be promoting
- Create a poll or survey or research study
- Publish the results of a poll or research study you conducted
- Announce an upcoming teleseminar/ webinar you are hosting
- Announce an upcoming local workshop you are running
- Announce a lunch and learn session you are running
- Free shipping offer or change to shipping rates
- Hosting a major contest
- Exhibiting at a trade show
- Sponsor a local event and write about it
- Publish your work with a local charity
- Establish a scholarship in the name of your small business
- Making a charitable contribution
- Sponsoring an event or team
But take note, you don’t want your press release to be the same as the other thousands of press releases online.
Do’s and Don’ts for Evergreen Press Release
For evergreen press releases, don’t be afraid of being a little different or bizarre.
Nobody wants to read another expert’s opinion on the same five tips to skincare, unless you have a unique method or angle like AI skincare solutions.
However, do take note to write in a press release format, and avoid having your press release reading like another blog post or general article because you’re after all writing news.
On the other hand, these are timely angles about your company that you can announce and spin into a press release:
(II) Focus on Your Products/ Services
While the focus on products is mostly to inform journalists and customers on your exciting new product offerings, you can also mix in evergreen content like your product advantages.
When you are writing press releases about your products or services, avoid overselling, Instead of letting your readers know what are the features available, tell them how does your product solve their problems or add benefits.
Does your press release help them save time or money? Let them know! But be sure to present clear facts because these press releases might be quoted by journalists.
(III) Focus on Your Customers
The most important angle when writing a press release is none other than focusing on your customers and readers.
Share something that your audience would like to know or read, because at the end of the day, your press release is written for them, so go on and take an angle that they will appreciate:
When it comes to providing value for your customers, it’s the same for every business. The only difference is how many does it reach?
Sending a press release lets more people know about what you have to offer.
Plus, if your press release is SEO-friendly, you might even get the chance to rank on the search engine and be discovered.
(IV) Focus on the Community
Then, there’s news regarding giving back to the community.
Media outlets are always looking for stories that are community-oriented, so share news about charities or community services that your business have joined or held.
Trust me, a great press release about a charity or local community service project always have a good chance of being publicized.
Focus at Your Press Release Angle
Once you find the perfect angle for your story, you need to keep your press release slim and straightforward.
Remember, your reader’s expectancy for a press release is quick and he or she will only fork out a limited amount of time to actually view your story.
So limit your press release to just 500 words to keep it straight forward. Get your message across as quickly and as clear as possible.
Rid any unnecessary details that don’t add value to the story.
Focus on answering the who, what, when, where, why, and how. Also, add a credible quote from your business owner to enhance your story, and let the reader know why your story is relevant and why should they care.
On the other hand, if none of these angles fit your small business… it’s time to create news – donate to a charity or innovate your product and remember to write a press release!
If you find yourself having extra details that don’t seem to fit within your press release, publish another press release later on.
Remember press release is never a one-time thing, it takes constant effort to build and establish consistent branding and messaging for your small businesses.
Last but not least, here are some questions you can ask yourself to discover more creative press release angles and ideas.
- Can I tie my company with current events and popular news stories?
- Is there a different spin I can put on an old news story?
- Do we have any interesting statistics or case studies we can release?
- Are there any industry trends we can comment on?
- What problems are we solving that our competitors aren’t?
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.
Request-URI Too Long
The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity
limit for this server.
Request-URI Too Long
The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity
limit for this server.